Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

19 March 2007

personal jesus II

we are now half way into lent and i have nothing to show for it. i've induldged in the pleasures of sin without a second thot about sacrifice nor penance. even fish on friday seems like a scam as i tuck into grilled salmon and sushi, trying to beat the system. lent has that effect on me. during these 40 days, sin seems most delectable, i just can't explain it.

at my cube, i have a picture of the sacred heart, to remind myself to be somewhat catholic in my work. today as i stared at my pooter crunching numbers for a presentation, while trying to piece tog a department workplan, it dawned on me how freaky the sacred heart image is. the pic i have is of jesus looking lovingly back at me with his left had stretched forward holding his heart (depicted as an organ) with the usual flames, cross and fire.

so amidst all my work, i googled sacred heart. interesting history behind it, but i won't bore you. did you know that it's prob the most popular tattooed religious design. but i digress ..

i've never questioned the power of the sacred heart or what it stands for. i've always believed. hence the pic at my cube. my christian friend shared how her take on religion has shifted recently. she is now not trying her darnest to be christlike - which can lead to a lot of frustration and denial ... believe you, me. instead she is focusing on rejoycing that HE is a loving god. i guess the crux of the matter is that no matter how big a sinner you are, it doesn't matter as long as you come back to HIM.

PS : the pic is a little pre-mature, but what the hey : )

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I face the same challenge with Lent every year. And yes I do think about it. *sigh*

ps - I am trying very hard to keep this within the 'comment' category. Heh.

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

da Godma (jean..not Nat)..u free April 1st? dani's baptism..cant remember if I told you yet..hehe..its 4.30pm at Risen Christ followed by makan at my place..how how?? I know its lame inviting u online like this, but what the heck right? we buddy buddy already... let me know ok! thanks..

btw..i just love those lent songs..the old rugged cross and that 'christ became obidient undo death' song..makes me hair stand always! in a good way that is..

11:33 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

i like "how great thou art". lent songs are all abt death. you won't believe it but hubs has a playlist for his funeral. he wants stuff from coldplay etc. can die right!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree with Shoes that can die (no pun intended?)! Having said that, I've had conversations with friends re what songs we wanted played at our respective funerals! And how we wanted it done. Heh... Morbid topic no.

Re baptism, cannot Godpa, I already signed up for something and I can't get out for it. You're 3 day's late bro, I just went down over the weekend to pay for it! :(. I'll be done at 6pm, can I come by after?

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course.. i think then u just come up to my place at tenteram..and enjoy the company.. i think the newly appointed Godparents would be there ..right shoes?

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent I will call you 1st to ensure that the get together is still going strong. :D

11:37 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

shoes will be there for as long as the laces don't come undone :)

9:53 PM  
Blogger Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

Ur hubs just told me about ur blog and hey we have the same template..I just read it..It's really very funny and some really pensive...i love it! go to my blog too - http://pamelageorge.blogspot.com..ur hubs says he is NO MESSENGER!

3:53 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

cheh bah! hubs marketing my blog for me : )
phee-wit

thanks for popping by pam and for the encouragment. will visit your blog too. promise.

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home