Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

25 February 2007

godparents = magic and mayhem

just when i thot that the gender divide was finally over (or at least narrowing), i found that we are still very much testosterone and eostrogen.

couple of weeks ago, i became an aunt. a big deal for me coz i thot i would never be an aunt to any kid. then out pops danni california (my niece) and wham, my tree of life just sprouted a new branch. she's beautiful. and sooo very tiny. well tiny-er than the ones i gave birth to. red-hot-chilli-padi. actually i thot you-know-who would have blogged about her but i guess he is catching up on sleep. i waited and waited .... till i could wait no more.

anyway, back to the gender divide ... i googled "godfather images" and had pages after pages of stills from THE GODFATHER and paraphranelia. you know ""Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But uh, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day." says Don Corleone to Bonasera. say it out loud with your best sicillian accent. (i just made myself crave for italian)

then i googled "godmother" and i had pages and pages of wand wielding fairies! fat chicks with wings! so this post goes pictureless just because.

taking google as a guide, we have just laid down our roles. while the hubs will watch over her like the italian mafia (watch out boys!) i'll ensure that she's glamourously fashionable, wears proper shoes and back before midnight!

ps - danni california is not her real name, just in case you were thinking "poor girl".

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did the google thing as well - and you are totally right (yes I had to do another search and see results for myself) ... and dat's when I realised dat 'fairies' = pix of fairy godmothers!. My intepretation - godmothers can create magic with a wave of the proverbial wand, and godpas... well... heh.

I insist on intepretating the gender divide MY way.. hee

sidenote: I tried to do the italian accent thing & totally failed. I think I ended up doing indian.

sidenote 2: I'm back! And #1 Again! heh.

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Daddy so wanted to blog it la..but alas..everything has kept the fadder busy la.. sad right??

btw..I din do any search when I was honorably appointed Godfadder to Kay..i think i just boozed..hmmm..

promise will blog about it...soon..

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why do you not trust me ... vinny! *fingers in a lotus bud gesture*

anyway, you made me laugh with sounding indian. oh dearie me!

BTW ... erm, try to remember that this is an anonymous blog hor : )

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i truster da no-body...

I assume dat when you made da anonymous comment ... you were NOT a-talking to me...

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i truster da no-body...

I assume dat when you made da anonymous comment ... you were NOT a-talking to me...

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home