Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

17 March 2007

move over michelin man, here comes prata barbie

had a bad night with monkey boy who managed to crawl into my bed, unbeknownst, shoving me to the floor with his excessive kicking and sleep breath in my face. so hubs took the 2 bigger ones to the office with him in the morning, hoping that i could take in a nap. i enjoyed a 2 hr snooze then decided to repay the kindness and save him from the kids so that he could get some work done.

the plan was lunch then a short "train" ride into sentosa before heading back. we ate at mc-ers. they were suprisingly well behaved, even baby, and we all had a good time. a treat was definately in order. then i made the worst choice ever and popped into toys-r-us. we spent an hour moving from aisle to aisle toggling between the barrage of everything with wheels and everything bimbo. one car and a box of beadie-craft thing-ums latter, we had run out of time.

back to base we headed but not before passing the biggest MAC cosmetics event i've ever seen. as an ex-event person, i was really impressed with the set-up. but not so taken by the life-sized barbies who were posing and basking. (it's the Barbie loves MAC launch). angel girl pointed at one less than perfect barbie - she was fat and i mean she was a big mama with a blond wig! speechless AG turned to me for an explaination. i said that's what happens when barbie eats too much prata. we both burst out laughing. must tell martel abt prata barbie - curry sold separately.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its 2.20am, and armed with an inspired comment I am not. However, I'm determined to keep my #1 spot!

I have to say though, 'prata barbie' is hilarious! I can almost visualise the whole scene in my head!

We went shopping today too, I saw this new brand of fridges on line and wanted to go see the real thing. OK, not new brand, just new to me. It was sweet, good size, all silver, huge freezer c/w ice maker. And I'm not talking about the ice-maker in the door thing that most fridges have. I talking about make bucket loads of ice type ice maker.

I asked about the price, I knew it would be costly, but I thought that it would be in the range of $2k plus... maybe max $5k? It was about 10x that! $22k for a fridge! I made a hasty retreat from the showroom!

Went on to a car showroom after that. Now I've got a new obsession to add to my other 2. The model I'm now eyeing hasn't even been launched here yet. It's a hatchback ... and of course I'll be getting a red one! If & when I do get it. I have to keep my biggest little fan happy, no?

2:31 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

yes, yes ... prata barbie and murtabak ken.

do you always obsess abt big ticket items? a house, a 22k fridge, a new car!! geez woman. get a grip!

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm NOT obsessing about a $22k fridge!!! I don't want that fridge. NO WAY am I gonna spend $22k on a fridge. At lest not on my paycheck! I was just sharing with you that there are fridges out there that cost $22k. And btw, I'm still not over it. $22k for a fridges.. sheesh! *faints*

As for the car and house (btw, am aiming for apartment, not house), one can always dream no? Good to have a goal to work towards. Even if it's just material ones.

12:08 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

you should change your name to mak-nonna - the new material girl. maybe your stage name, miss drama queen :P

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LoL! And so I shall... How about changing it to Mak-Godma?

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home