Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

26 February 2007

The new Adrien.. Danielle Alexis (aka Dani California)

Well the news is out..I so wanted to blog this but alas time has not been on my side..but anyway.. let me introduce our little Dani to you all.

Here she is..


aint she a doll.. ahhh..

so the newly appoint aunt is also the Godma and her hubs (my brother) is the Godfadder! Cool eh..of course the Aunt is calling her Dani California..at first she called her Nemo (since she was due on 4 March, a pisces, a fish do the math)..but then she came out an Aquarian!! The story of her birth was an interesting one..

We went for a normal check-up on the 13/02/2007 afternoon. We waltz into the Doc’s office and casually did the normal checks but found out that the wife’s BP was high. Doc told us to rush to the hospital right away (without even having lunch..NO LUNCH!!..she said grab something on the way over..but noooo..not us, we went to Delifrance and ate our fill before heading over). She wanted to induce the kid out on 14/02/2006 (V-Day). We were not really sure that it was that bad but you know, doc's word. Well we went to the hospital (Mt. Alvernia) and took another BP reading. It was still high so the Doc told us she was going to do the C&Y procedure. C&Y = Cut & Yank, otherwise known as caesarean with epidural. Well everything was a rush and a blur. They wheeled the wife away, and ferried me to another place to change into the gown (yes I got to go in!). I was trying to message everyone I know that we are going to have the baby that night itself! Halfway batt kaput! Nabae!! So everyone got the last message that “we are going to the OT, let you know soon”. Then waited..brought me in, wife was already opened up..as a loving husband, i went to look at the operation before coming back to hold her hand. We had a few laughs in there, and finally when it was time, SHE WAS YANKED OUT!! my goodness, i tot baby was fragile..

then the cleaning came..the Paediatrician Counted all the toes and fingers in front of me (which reminded me like someone showing me a product before it was sold to me) Dani already had her eyes opened up..looking at the world. She did cry when she was yanked, and it was the sweetest, cutest voice ever! At this time point of time, the shock did not set in yet..was still amazed by the procedure! Then they cleaned her up, put her on her mommy, took pictures..then the told me to get out. I felt like I was in the way most of the time, and was side stepping to let ppl get to my wife or kid. I was in the way! I wonder if every other dad felt that as well..when the nurses politely tell you to MOVE! Haha.. anyway, they wheeled the baby out and gave me the option of either waiting for the wife or follow the baby to the nursery. As a good loving husband, once again, I went with the baby. The first look I got sight of Dani, her hair was all curly looking like a Jamaican. Was worried for a bit there..but then when it was dry, she looked Asian alright. Will spare all the other details, but would just like to add that at first it felt like I was watching a telly, like it wasnt happening to me..but when I took her into my arms, that’s when the magic hit. Wow..that was amazing. So precious she is! I don’t know how many times I held back from crying.. but yes..that’s the story.. need some pics to view..below is the link.

The wife and I are very blessed to have so many ppl who shared this journey with us, and that was the magical part. So thank ya sis..for everything! You certainly played a big part and welcome to Auntyhood!!

picture link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boomy

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger shoesthatfit said...

yo brudder ... so when you making number 2?
got a lot of catching up to do ah! hahaha
welcome to the club!

ps ... i'll say it again ... she's gorgeous.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow godpa... welcome to 'dah dah hood'! Congrats!!

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home