Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

15 March 2007

writers block

i sat for one hour thinking abt what to write. so much has happened in the last 3 weeks. and yet my mind runs blank. i'm in a zone. rather ... i'm zoning.

ok i give up. i'm just going to ramble for a bit. watched a lot of tv lately. really bad tv. reality tv is like a road traffic accident. it's soooo bad but i just gotta watch.

i dunno how well angel girl has been coping with her mandarin. i know she hates it ie she does not speak nor read the language. she entices the neighbour child over to translate her work sheets to get her home work done. the power of manipulation is great. think she gets it from me : )

i'm addicted to topshop. i don't want help.

hubs was recently in bangkok for work for almost a week. we had 2 queens in the castle again. i bought a pack of smokes to help me thru. the pack lasted me the week.

ok got distracted. american idol was on and i just had to watch (pls ref last sentence of second para) and so i've lost the train of thought that i didn't have to begin with.

i'll try again over the weekend ... ciao babes

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh... tell me about writer's block... I've got a severe case. And then I get inspired to write at the most random moments, like when I'm driving. Which is a tad inconvenient, to put it mildly. Of course, my limited memory capacity means that 3/4s of what I've thought of would have flown out of my head by the time I sit in front of my lappy. *sigh*

The key difference - I have to vomit out someting since it's work related. Writing is not my fav thing to do.

Speaking of fav things to do, I'm currently obsessed ... with 2 things. 1. cooking (which you know about already) and 2. decorating my new flat which I don't have. It's totally distracting, my mind flits to these 2 things at the most untimely moments, like when I'm seated in front of my lappy and attempting to churn out a piece of work.

American Idol is getting tired. The girls are pretty good, and boys are pretty bad... and it's all pretty much one not so pretty blur. I've been watching too much TV too.

I totally sympathise with Angel girl re mandarin. I hated it as well. And to this day, decades later, I hit a mental block with the language. Actually I hit a mental block with most languages. I just don't seem to be able to retain new words for any length of time. Perhaps this is related to my limited memory capacity. Time to get an external hard drive. Now if I can only figure out how to plug it into my brain, I'll be good to go!

Yes, I'm in a rambling mood as well.

1:09 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

WAH! looks like you've got keyboard diahorrea! will you start your own blog already and stop sponging off mine! :P

abt the house hunting, dun forget the "master-bate" room. coz you never know when you'll need personal time. gawd, doncha just wish these house agents will brush up on their diction!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup. Was in chatty mood last nite, and since I was soloing at home, and the cats don't bother to even pretend to listen to my rants, I had to settle for rambling by fingers.

The good thing about going the keyboard route, no one to tell me to shut up! :D

I like sponging off your blog, I got 'blank-page-a-phobia'. If I do my own, I would have to deal with a blank page. With your's I just need to react. If I had a blog, it'll just have to be called 'The Blank Spot', coz that'll what it'll be.

Hmm... re house hunting, should I be concerned that I'm obsessing more about the kitchen and the study than the master-bed room? Wonder what that says about my pleasure priorities!

Oh maybe I'm just developing kinky tendencies? *winks*

2:49 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

spare me the details my friend. also remind not to eat off your kitchen counter or lean in too deep on your study table. sheesh!

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But whyyyy... I'm obsessed about cleaniness you know... hee.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home