Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

28 February 2007

better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all


i've known poochiespider since i was 8. but i didn't really know her till i was 16. we became quick close friends, sisters almost. after school, i'd bunk at her place to sponge off meals. together we developed our own style of cooking instant noodles. we had countless sleep overs. we'd double date, then boy bitch till the break of dawn. we shared happiness and supported sorrows.

we were sooo tight, that when she was studing in australia, i mailed her my armpit hair just to remind her how annoying i am. in retribution, when i went to visit her in perth, she left a can of spam in my room for 2 weeks. she also made me smoke in gale force winds outside her house coz she insisted on the no-smoking rule. so everytime i needed to light up, i had to use layers and parker up. looked like kenny from southpark, but with a cigerette hanging out!

anyway, poochiespider and i drifted apart about 8 years back. we both became so consumed with our own lives (and we had different lives) that it was a natural drift. but i never stopped thinking about her and the fun times we had together.

i just received a generic sms saying that she is terminating her line and going to UK, : ( . i immediately called her back but she din pick up. it's so her to do something so abrupt and annoying like this. now i miss her more. watsup poochiespider!!

postnote : SHE CALLED BACK!! yeah : ) we promised to keep in touch viz email.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Aunt said to me once, sometimes friends just drift apart coz they have to journey different paths. Well, not in those words but to that effect.

That's always stayed with me, and I try to live in the moment, and not look too far down the road. People move on and live different lives u know...

But sometimes, if one is very lucky, one finds a friend, maybe 2... maybe 3, that'll stick around for a lifetime... no matter how hard you try to shake them off... :D. Those ones worth more than winning special toto!

sidenote: still #1!

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!!!

So I read the archive page and a huge aw descends upon me!

Thanks Nat- it capsulized our friendship in a miniscule!

I miss those times we had and in many ways I will always carry them with me...

I'm sad too that we have drifted apart but now there may be opportunity and reason for reacquaintance!

so you haven't heard the last of me yet!

p.s. if you ever come to London, I could organise spam in your bedroom, will throw in a couple of cans of baked beans as well for the road and seeing you have a tidy brood now!
Won't want them to go hungry!

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home