Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

07 June 2007

this time it's for real


so it turns out that i'm not an airhead after all. i managed to re-activate my "fat hope" blog and will be using it as a weight-loss journal. at the mo, i'm just prepping it for mid june. it's been de-funct for a year, just like my last diet. so stay tuned.

all this started when i was recently reminded that xmas is just 6 months away and i still haven't gotten rid of last xmas's fat. in fact, i think it has made friends with all the other food flab from the other festivites and have decided to settle down around my belly and thighs. added that hubs' friend recently thought i was preggers!

so this time it's fer real. june 18, i start exercising and eating right (i'm down with a wicked flu right now so i need my lungs to clear out) in fact i'm already watching what i eat. today i attempted some stretches and sit-ups and the way i was wheezing after, i know i have a lot of prepping to do, physically and aesthetically. like making sure the ipod has some good beats to keep pace to. june 18 is when i start the cardio and hopefully be healthier for it. so who else is game enuf to step up to the plate?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh* ... I know what you mean babe. I haven't even started on my new year's resolution. Which is to lose 10ks by the end of the year. Though I think I made some progress thanks to a major drop in appetite levels after my last stress spike.

Good news: I pulled out an old shirt today that I have not worn in over a year due to size issues, and it fit! Yay!

Bad news: I get muscles aches from climbing the stairs. I was making minute progress in this dept when I picked up golf, but even this as slacked off as lessons have stopped. Need to work on fitness levels BIG time! More to look good than to actually be fit.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More bad news: My appetite is back! With a vengence. !@#%@#%^!!!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

Well if DG keeps cooking the way she does, we're all screwed! But having said that... the devil's in the dessert. Mm..uahahahaha! I've got to lose at least 5kg to get to my healthy weight. I'm game for anything outdoorsy but I can't do gym.

4:07 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

me too. i hate gym. i prefer outdoor. and i hate running. and i can't get into my swimmers. so this whole "exercise" is going to be really interesting for me.

i soooo failed today, know. wanted savoury and had chips THEN wanted sweet and had choc in the pm.

does PMS, as an excuse, still work when dieting?

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! It's the dessert's I tell ya! But what's a meal without a sweet, rich finishing?

PMS as an excuse works anytime! Including diet time. Whatever it is... no dieting on the 16th.

I'm up for excersing... and agree with the no gym and running. Walking? Some sort of outdoor sport? Badminton - not quite outdoors... but heh.

7:31 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

why the hell do you think that i'm starting this on the 18th! i ain't stoopid!

yes, badminton! i miss that. if hubs can have 3 hours for soccer, i should get the same for badminton right?

dee remember how we lost heaps when we were playing badminton religiously? think i was the slimmest then. wanna commit again? DG? mayb we can rope in a one more so that we can do doubles? someplace neutral for all of us?

10:42 PM  
Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

I'm up for badminton. Sweating can be good. And yes PMS is a valid excuse for anything. It's a girl's joker card man!

11:33 PM  
Blogger baubles bangles and beads said...

Hey, is the spot still open for the forth badminton player? Moi would like to apply.

Just like wheelie-ing on my BMX, I also can do a Ronald Susilo smack anytime!

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can lah!!! I get to break in my new badminton rackets! Yay!!! (rackets which I have NOT used since I bought them eons ago)

Considering that I work pretty near you - that clementi place is good. Remember dat's where we used to play?

And doubles is an excellent idea - given my current fitness levels!

11:10 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

well looks like the fantastic four has arrived! look out clementi!

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home