Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

09 May 2007

BEEgone BEE

was stung by a bee on monday. was walking on a path, ipod plugged in to fall out boy, when all of a eff-ing sudden i felt my arm burst into flames.  WTF! i looked down and there was a bee stuck to my arm!  i immediately flicked the MF off - it was still buzzing!! the bee died but the pain remained.

i immediately called my trusty-on-site-helpdesk-for-freaky-things.  dee said she didn't know much, so i asked her to google "bee stings" (for some reason, it's like dee wears her lappy on her body or something.  she is always able to go on-line remotely). 

so she said that if i start breathing funny or feel dizzy, i should go to the docs. i said i felt weak in the knees.  anyway, i went to the doc coz the pain was so bad i wanted to chew my arm off.

i got a jab, some cream and some kick-ass antihistamine. woo hoo!( i could sell these on the black market and send my kids to uni!)

arm still hurts : (

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My absolute nightmare - getting stung by a bee, or a jelly fish, or bitten by a spider, or a snake, or a wasp or.. well any kind of bug or creature. I'm severely allergic to pain me thinks.

However, no fear of getting bitten by cats.

7:27 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

i remember a time when you actually swam into a school of jellyfish in and i had to yank you out of the ocean! tut!

9:39 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

i stand corrected. it's not a group of jellyfish, it's a smack of jellyfish or a swarm or a bloom.

learn something new everyday.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

I think helpdesk-for-freaky-things deserves some o dat kick ass antihistamine!

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Issit? I don't remember this... part of the human survival system to forget anything that is vaguely traumatic?

wait wait ... a ghost of a memory is swimming into my brain... you sure I was swimming into many? I think it was only one leh... hmmm, if this were true, then I would have to add swimming (almost) into jellyfishes to my list of klutzy moments.

guess this would make you my hero (or should I say hiro?). I was saved by the Shoe!

swarm, school, bloom,group... who cares, anything more than nil is bad news where jelly fishes are concerned!

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bitter sweet story with almost a charlie angel type twist!

hope you arm is all better.

xx

worst things could happen like - could you imagine if it stink your bum and you couldn't sit all day...

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home