Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

24 May 2007

brown-eyed girl

sorry macho readers, it's another girlie blog. i have my moments.

i'm sooo screwed. i've got a new addiction and it's MAC eyeshadows. i've recently been introduced to it and i swear it's the best. and the colours!! OMG! thus is my addiction. there must be 764029837465 colours. ok, i exaggerate but there is enuf of a spectrum to drive me nuts. then there is textures and hues. i just bought my first 3 tubs - a green, a neutral and a grey. and i'm already thinking of my next 3 although my wallet is shouting NOOOOOOooooo!!

so while i'm at it, bitching about eyeshadow (and the lack there of), i thot i'd do all you brown-eyed chicks a favour. i found this morsel of advice. go forth and colour your world. and have fun while you're at it.



"the goal of wearing eye make-up is to enhance/bring attention to your eyes. the rule of thumb is to wear the opposite color eye shadow of your eyes on the color wheel so that your eyes really stand out (or POP as they say in the make-up world). but, brown isn't all that clearly defined on the color wheel so experts say that the best eyeshadow shade for brown eyes are bronzes and greens. FYI - these colors can be simple to use alone. Just apply them to the lid and crease."

i know .. i know ... i also dunno how to use the wheel. but even in art (basic colour ranges) simple rule is that the opposing colour is the complement.

btw, WM is still hot. this weeks' episode worked in his favour. aviator shades and chrisp white shirt over tanned skin. yums.

btbtw, i'm upset that jordin won coz i really liked blake - he's so different. this world really does not need another saccharine-nie sweet artist on the radio. but i ain't no paula either, dawg!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok ... me don'ts gets makeup...

12:44 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

be glad. look at the fix i'm in.

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am. At least it's one area less for me to spend my limited mulah on. There's enuf stuff out there stressing out my wallet already!

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home