Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

14 April 2007

Star Struck



i got my tatt last night. friday the 13th. done on a spur of the mo, thanks to T who very randomly at 8am smses me while i'm struggling with monkey boy on our daily trek to his school bus. she says (and i'm paraphrasing),"beautiful day for a tatt. let's do it." she had the foresight to know that i'm a sucker for anything out of the norm. i agreed.

i was totally distracted the whole day at the office as i toggled between work and excitement. so much so, i had to bring work home to do (of which i am procrastinating doing as i write this blog!) but that is beside the point. i designed the tatt at the office with powerpoint, did a printout and showed it to the tattooist. he enlarged it a little, we discussed colours and the next thing i knew, he was pulling my top off my left shoulder. it happened so quickly, i was expecting it to hurt but i guess once you've had 3 kids naturally, a tattoo is a walk in the park.

every tatt has a story, and this is mine. i decided that it should be meaningful and abt family. i like stars which represent spirit and inspiration, and that's who my family are to me. the big red star is hubs. red inside coz of the love he has for me. the bottom most, with the pink center, is princess angel girl. the two black stars with the blue middle are the boys. notice how they are angled a little off coz they are both cheeky kids. the double lined one is me - i like being different : ). the 3 tiny black ones are there just for aesthetic balance.

T took me by surprise, but i'm sooo eff-ing glad she did. i really like my tatt. i can't stop looking at it. to me, it's gorgeous. i'm already planning for my tatt-2 and tatt-3.

ps - da godma took these shots today. thanks babe!

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

get back to there and get a few more for us!! haha..

amazing indeed..like them very much! :)

11:41 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

this canvas is not cheap hor. got blood involved. inspire me la. :P

11:47 PM  
Blogger baubles bangles and beads said...

to my star struck sista :
ahem....you are very welcome :)))
just like pedicures, told 'ya that they are so bloody addictive! i had a nice fri the 13th evening yesterday hanging out with 'cha at far east. felt like an old fart (like you said) amongst the youngsters nonetheless!

to da godma :
sorry about disappearing last nite without saying goodbye. Had a bit too much to drink! 4th sign of aging (and counting)...those days 12 shots of tequila and i'd still walk straight BUT last nite, stumbled all the way to the car park after 2 glasses of white wine and 2 B-52s!

11:48 PM  
Blogger baubles bangles and beads said...

and pics are nicely taken too!
i like! i like!

11:52 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

very cheh bah right. she just bought a new camera.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT! I not #1! :(

Having said that - I got published! My pix dat is... :D

CP is asking me when I'm I doing mine... what and where!

I've have to make choices! arrgghhh...

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha... comments are coming on faster than I can type. There were only 2 when I started!

Thanks to both... *smiles*. I had a good subject.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

It looks AWESOME!! FINALLY!! I LUV IT! where's the star that's me? I agree with Ivan... Get back in there!

1:08 AM  
Blogger Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

AWESOME lah!! and the way you took your pictures - SO MIAMI INK...cheh bah... James and John (my husband and bro-in-law) have stars tattooed on their legs too!!!

I have one at the back and it says LOVE in Chinese when I got married and so does James..CLICHE i know..but we wanted something that will connect us for the rest of our lives...

When I have kids, I want to tattoo their names -Tristan for a boy and Caleigh for a girl..then you guys stole my girl's name already...DRAT! :)

5:03 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

kudos to the photographer.
i was merely the *subject* : )

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home