Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

05 April 2007

making up is hard to do

lashing out
i've got thick, long eye-lashes but they grow straight. i've always wanted them to curl. when i was younger, i used mom's mascara then "kiap"-ed my lashes, ripping the hair out as i released the lever. i swore off it. on my wedding day, i told the make-up artist to fit fake lashes on for me. she refused, die-die said no. she said NO to a bride on her wedding day! the trauma.

lip service
my viva glam V lippy just broke as i was applying it. i smiled when the stick snapped. then i caught myself smiling in the mirror. i was not mourning the loss of my lippy, i was thinking of a new shade i could buy to replace this one.

conceal her
concealer is my saviour. without this stuff, i'd look like the living dead, seriously. i swear by it.

shadow dancing
i love eye shadow. the smokey eye look is my fave. when i was in sec school, i used to sell make-up for pocket money during the hols. i worked for estee, ysl, lancome. thanks to the training and experience, i can do the full 3 colour spectrum in 2 minutes flat(both eyes) add another 30sec if need eyeliner.

*blush*
when i was in poly, i was all eye-liner and lip gloss. i wanted to expand my repertoir to include a blusher but didn't know neither how to apply nor what shade to wear. then my girfriend told me to jump on the spot till i flush up then choose a colour similar, for that natural look. she also said that if i had no time to apply blush, to pinch the cheeks till it changes colour. my advise is stop if it turns blue!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with the make-up analysis? U having a made up day?

Having said that, never u worked at the likes of Yves St Laurant et al... I learn something everyday! :D

And I'm impressed - re with the fastmakeup! I couldn't achieve any kind of smokey look in 30mins much less 2 mins. Actually i can't achieve any kind of look with eye shadow period. Except possibly panda.

3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... erm... spotted typo... left out the word 'knew' in one of the sentences... will leave u to figure out which.

Hee.

3:22 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

au contraire, it was the lack of make-up today that spurred the entry. anyways ... boh typo lah, my cross-eyed friend.

15 years (or more) ago, the only quality make-up brands were the ones i mentioned. no MAC, Stila, Make-up store.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was refering to the typo in my comment lah... but having said that, there is a typo in the main body of your blog.

New game - spot the typo!

lah di dah...

pls note - if you don't spot the typo, the auther of the blog has exercise her password powers and gone in and corrected it!

6:01 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

i fixed the typo, in case you were wondering.
i'm anal that way.
i also like winning.
*bleah*

6:30 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

btw, YOU have a typo
it's author not auther
HAH!
called you on that one ... PSYCH!

....... did i already mention i like winning? :D

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I KNOW u like winning. And you know I can't spell to save my life. Thank God for spell check.

So technically, it ain't no typo. It's an honest mistake.

Which is worse I wonder.

ps - I like winning too.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home