Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

07 June 2008

haven't bean there in a while

after dinner we walked to starbucks for coffee and to indulge in people-watching. i haven't been out to a coffee joint in a long while so when i went to the counter to get my drink, i was amused by the enthusiastic crew.

the first boy greets me all happy like he's on something good. i play along (why not) and together we went into the process of choosing my poison for the night. then another boy comes from behind him and does a pitch on one of the 2 ice-blends that's on promotion. he's so in to it, i cave and agree on the stronger of the two.

the air must have been thick with caffeine coz i really enjoyed the process. i was laughing and so were they. then the second guy leans over and says,"so what's your name?" and i'm thinking "dude, i'm old enuf to be your ...erm ...your big sister!" i pause and i gave him the look. then it clicks and i say this out loud,"you need my name to write it on the cup right?"

DUH! i'm sooo not going back to that outlet!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

let me guesss.. the guys behind the counter were mats?

3:22 PM  
Blogger Homeschool @ sg said...

opps you did it again!

9:38 PM  
Blogger gerrytheberry said...

dahling..i think u need to go out more often, or at least to starbucks! ;)

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh... at least you had fun till the lights come on...

Truth be told, I enjoy the kopi-tiam kopi more nows-a-days. I think it's age catching up with me!

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u crack me up! thanks

win

1:28 PM  
Blogger Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

so are you still at starbucks or what?

new post to crack me up?? i'm in my positive-feel-like-laughing mind today.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

ahhh but if you hang out at pacific coffee at tanjong pagar, the hawty behind the counter gives you extra chocolate for a smile in the morning : )

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home