Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

04 June 2008

i need a hero

i went to the supermarket today to get ham *knowing look* which was the only item on my list. but i was soon distracted and started picking up more and more stuff as i made my way to the check out. this also meant that did not take a basket or a trolley with me but decided to play jenga with my 8 items and juggle them to the counter.

i picked a bag of mangosteen, a loaf of bread, ready made pizza crusts, chopped ham, shaved ham, a box of grapes, a bag of cheezles and some salmon. phew. but then, i lost focus (hell yeah i lost focus) and dropped the bag of mangosteens.

people around me froze - either gawking at my stupidity for not taking a basket or that they somehow lost their help button. not a soul stopped to help. i couldn't believe it! people actually walked around me as i bent to pick up the fruit to re-bag it. locals and non-locals.

people have just taken the whole "mind your own business" too seriously or they have forgotten how to help. how sad is that :(.

5 Comments:

Blogger Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

Yes very very very very sad...so imagine when it's just dropping a fucking bag of mangosteens and you get NO help, what's more when it comes to INFERTILITY? NFI, NFH!

I would pick up the mangosteens for you if i were there, one by one.. and maybe ask if i could have one cuz i LOVE LOVE mangosteens!

9:39 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

really! they are your fave.

had sudden craving yesterday. i ate all, din share with hubs *smirk*

12:14 PM  
Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

I love this country I call home, but the flaws in this culture gets to me all the time! People's "Pretend not to look and it'll go away" attitude sucks here! When I get to the cashier in the supermarket and I smile and say "How you going this evening?" I get shot a "Are-you-out-of-your-mind?!!" look.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh* ... yes sometimes it doesn't pay to be polite and nice. Having said that, we should continue to strive, if WE adopt the 'mind your own business' mentality, then we are really screwed.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

Oh I have a story to tell..babes went to the supermarket when we got back and cuz we're now so used to asking HOW U GOING? at the supermarket here, that he asked the ah-lian SO, HOW U GOING?

She gave that KONG SIMI LC? face.

And babes realised that he wasn't in Australia! and he gave me that sheepish look..so cute he, sometimes!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home