Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

21 April 2008

desire is a woman

my good friend is in town and she threw a party on sunday. i went solo mio and the strangest thing happened; the married men started to check me out. at first it was flattering, then i began to feel awkward as the wives started shooting me looks and sizing me up then whispering amongst themselves. i wasn't sure if i looked hot or weird, the attention was just strange.

what made it uncomfortable for me was that i've known these people for years. i'm talking at least 19 years. they've seen me grow up from annoying child, to gawky teenager to obnoxious young adult. these are people i grew up with. so they missed out on the time i hit my late 20s todate coz my friend moved to england but still ...

then today, hubs called from bangkok and i told him that in reflection of yesterday, i felt very much a woman today. i felt attractive. not in arrogrance but in a feminine desirable way.

then i asked him to hurry home.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah ... so stweet... the ending... :D

10:16 PM  
Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

Your husband damn bloody lucky! If he doesn't appreciate it (in kind)... I keel'im!
On another note, I love those days when you get to feel all woman.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

They were checkin' out your boobs?

Or could be your eye make-up.

9:31 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

pam - the sisters were covered ok! maybe it was the make-up. ya right ... like men give a hoot abt THAT!

dee - yeah ... i haven't had a "feel all woman" day in forever, so it was nice to bask in the feeling :)

DG - and when i say "feel all woman" day, i want to assure you that i am still straight. tho that would have really invited stares!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... that angle didn't even enter my mind... now I want to feel woman all day!!!

3:17 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

do you want to feel woman or FEEL woman?

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You intepret it however you want.

*big grins with twinkle in eye*

3:27 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

i see .... horny season is back!

3:31 PM  
Blogger _z. said...

Good for you.
I agree, it may be the pink make-up thingie you just got.

No no, just kidding.
If you live the way you write on here (relaxed, smart and funny), I bet you light up a room when you walk in.

12:09 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

awwwwww

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home