Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

04 June 2008

communication got me down

this month's pms journey brings new expectations. poor hubs. i feel that he should be able to read my mind and know what i mean. but alas, he is but a man.

last night, he went to a play (radio and juliet) which he told me about on monday while we were msning. i flirted with him to date me coz i haven't had any culture (apart from yogurt) in a while, besides, i really wanted some couple time. he flirted back saying it's scandalous to date a married woman. i told him not to worry, my husband is too busy with work and will not suspect anything. we teased each other a bit more and by the end of it, i thot i scored.

yesterday, he went while i stayed home with the kids. i knew he was going and i thot that his not bringing up the topic the last couple of days was his way of surprising me. i was wrong. he later sent me an sms to tell me how awesome it was.

when i shared this morning that i wanted him to take me, he said that i didn't tell him i wanted to go. my head almost exploded. then he said i have to start communicating better and i cannot keep things to myself.

maybe i assume too much. maybe we are not as in-sync (visuals of boys with bad hair hooked up to puppet strings just popped in my head ... but i digress) as i thot we are. maybe he is just one of those guys who like to tease vulnerable married women with kids.

so i'm going to make it clear. i wanna go on a date.

9 Comments:

Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

At least the hubs gives you feedback la. So now you know you need to be direct with him. I know people who can't appreciate communication let alone honesty. I hope you get your date baybeee!

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree with D... It rhymes!

3:37 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

thanks for seeing the silver lining girls *typed with clenched teeth*

but i know you are right .... sigh.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe... I understand... I like being surprised and spoiled too... without having to be direct.

Sometimes, spelling it out just spoils it all...

BTW - u guys watched SATC yet?

6:25 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

i don't do chick flicks. period.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

I'll date you Shoes. You're quite the hottie.

I do chick flicks as long as it's not major mush, but I'm sitting on the fence with this one right now.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only seen SATC thrice!

- BJL

1:02 AM  
Blogger Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

OH YOU BJL! SATC ONLY HITS AUSTRALIA TODAY! GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHOES: GAH! MEN! He needs to be MAN-A-FUCKED!

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SATC is Da BOMB! Must watch lah.. but then again, you won't fully appreciate it if you didn't watch the series.

I've watched it once... want to watch it again! And on the big screen!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home