Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

02 June 2008

my sacrifice

i’ve been a mom for what 8-ish years now and the one thing that i still struggle with is sacrifice. this morning, i was making a ham sandwich for myself to eat at the office – 2 half folded sandwiches is how i like it.

AG started to hawk over my sandwiches and had that glazed look on her face like she was channeling her *be mine now* thots.

as the mom, i sensed these feelings of longing-ness and asked her if she wanted one. she jumped and said yes and my head just exploded in a loud DAMN IT! she only wanted one half but my routine called for 2 halves so i was not about to bring the other half to the office – i’m just anal that way. So i kept it in the fridge for her to indulge later.

i’ll say it again … DAMN IT!! i was planning for the sandwiches from last night. i went to sleep with the thot of having a shaved ham sandwich with my cuppa this morning as i check my email. i could almost taste the ham in my mouth.

Damn it, DAMN IT!!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So annoying ... your entire blog is in small caps (including the beginning of sentences) except for 'AG' + 'DAMN IT'! And yes it serves the purpose of emphasizing your level of annoyance.

Now I want a ham sandwich - preferably toasted complete with cheese... can send one over my way?

There ... I've now officially commented and have reclaimed my spot of #1 commenter on your blog.

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about erm, making one half specially for her and keeping the two halves for yourself?

I know what you mean! My mom makes all these crazy sacrifices for me and I can never imagine having to do it for someone else...

The power of motherhood.

-BJL

PS: I miss you!!!!!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Homeschool @ sg said...

er, is there no more slices of bread? go down the freaking 7-11 and buy la!! its just downstairs your house and office waaat. how come must split until so chaaam?!!

10:42 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

i did not have enuf ham lah! DAMN IT!
there was just enuf for 2 half sandwiches. it was going to be perfect. sigh.

BJL ... i miss you too babes.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

no comment from you.

just that you're a great mum.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

At least the kids don't steal your stash of rum balls from the fridge when you're not looking.

Had a bacon and cheese melt sandwich toasted yesterday for dinner. Didn't have to share mine. Can you tell I'm so not mum material? You softy. Even if I stared at your sandwich you'd offer it to me. That's why I love you.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*stares @ bacon + cheese melt sandwich*...

erm...

so any chance of some of that coming my way?

6:34 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

and if you are making one for DG, send one over too *drools*

12:13 PM  
Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

keep staring hunny, it ain't coming your way.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Afternote - I just got my craving for chix sandwich c/w avocado and salad leaves fixed. Colleague at worked just happened to offer me the said sandwich yesterday at work...

Talk about fantastic timing... or maybe it's just cosmic... :D

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home