Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

11 March 2008

the reflex

went for a footsie today, coz i was hurting in places i didn't know exsisted. i figured a good foot rub would ease the pain.

i like this place in town where the masseuses are (almost) blind. been going there for 8 years now, not as regularly as before but enuf times. they saw me thru my 3 pregnancies and after. i don't have a preferred masseuse, that's how good they are, all skilled however, their techniques differ a little. needless to say, i can take the pain of a footsie, with their digging and dragging and yanking and rubbing. piece of cake.

today, i had uncle william. he was bent on hurting me. such a gentle looking old man too. everytime he dug into a painful spot, my toes would flinch. he'd dig in harder. then he'd lecture me,"your back is pain right? ah there - there. i knew it. just bear with the pain, it will be better later." true enuf, the pain dulled, but i think from the pain numbing out.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh.. the old use more pain to fight pain treatment?!

Sometimes, I feel that footsie feel good coz it just feels good to have the pain stop... or maybe coz all that additional pain releases more endorphins into our systems!

Having said that.. I'm now craving for a foot rub!

12:13 AM  
Blogger The President said...

I never had a foot rub before but I figured it would be better to have the ache somewhere else than end up on the sole of my feet since they support the entire weight of my body, which I might add, is no light matter!

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home