Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

10 February 2008

give him a beat

hubs loves music. he really really loves music. you have no idea how much.

he respects it so much, that he has made it a point that we expose the kids to as many tunes and genres as possible. and i do think that the influence has rubbed off on them. how many 4 year olds do you know who can sing "oh bla de oh bla dah and we are the champions" in the same breath. they also sing a long to dave mathews, red hot chilli peppers, linkin park, fall out boy, foo fighters, madonna, rihanna-anna-anna (but everyone was singing a long to that tune), snow patrol ... well you get the picture.

when he listens to a song, he hears it in layers. he knows every sound and creative mix, it's incredible and spooky... but more increadible.

... and stressful. say we are listening to a song and need to go out. and if i'm assigned to switch off the player, i need to kill the song on exactly the 8th beat. it is also important that i do not JUST KILL the song but go into a fade like on the 4th beat so that it nicely tapers off by the 8th.

like i said, the hubs loves his music : )

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh... now I'm stressed. Don't EVER assign me to switch off the stereo!

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey they changed 'Choose an identity' thingee here!!

What the !#@#$# is OpenID?

6:45 PM  
Blogger Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

I know I know! I remember when I was in TEC and he'd be so into his music and we'd talk about music in the 70s and 80s and BJL couldn't relate to it.....

Aaaahhh.... I'm missing you guys already... :(

10:45 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

DG!! yes this is more stressful than labeling songs against racial influences *wink*

pam, it's crazy right. he's like a song museum. but what i like is that he is not set in the genres, he is always looking and listening to new stuff.

BIG HUGS ok ... lots of love.

11:20 PM  
Blogger The President said...

Ya lah, what's this new 'Choose Identity' thing??? I suggest 'Hubs' be permanent 'switcher-offer'.

12:54 AM  
Blogger _z. said...

I am a bit like that. I like to deconstruct the layers of music... but when I need to shut it down, I just do so without having to count beats :P

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home