Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

03 May 2007

my bad kidneys


AG : mummy what are kidneys?
ME : everybody has 2 kidneys ... it's where we keep our pee.
AG : show me
Me : we can't see our kidneys dear
MB : of course we can ... see ... it's here hanging with my penis
Me : ok sorry ... my bad ... those are not your kidneys. let me make this clearer, the kidneys make the pee. the pee is kept in your bladder. we all have one bladder.
MB : i oh-so have one bladder and one sister what.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

my bad ... i've been using this phrase for a while and i'm really curious why it has not caught on. it's an american slag for "ok, i acknowledge i did wrong, but i'm not sorry (apologetic)" eg "you just double-dipped!". "oh, my bad". i know, it's flippant but there are moments that call for it.

i also like the local civil service lingo, "noted" which is usually a reply to a senior management advise email on how you can do things better. it means,"i hear you, but i don't give a f*ck". if you want to be polite, you can say,"noted with thanks." with a smiley face : )

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

i think your MB is so funny...gets it from the p...

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noted.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

and then did u tell MB about the blain? He is now SMB (sweet monkey boy. So love!
Lately, I've been saying "wut now?" alot...as in when colleagues come grumbling with problems but don't suggest a solution... look at them like their talking gibberish and say "wut now?"

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to clarify. My bad means you are sorry. It is a way of saying i'm sorry.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home