Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

24 January 2007

pieces of me


new year, new beginning, new life, new diet and hopefully new body. yeah right! not if nutella is still on the shelves! i swear it is the devil's fruit. just call me eve.

my son learnt a new word. habbadat. i said, you can either have 5 grapes or 3 chips. he said, you give me 6 grapes and 2 chips .... habbadat. How-about-that for negotiation.

i moved into my new cube today. it actually has 4 walls! bigger space too but I'm going to miss the company of crazy chicks at the open cube area. i honestly do think i will get more work done in my new space (with less distractions). may even file my stuff that have been kept in clear folders since 2002!

the only diff between my old executive desk and my new manager desk is the extra chair next to my table. before i could tell my colleagues to eff off whenever i felt like it. now .... i have to listen and help no matter what. but you know what, i kinda like it. guess the dr is in.

my son always complains abt my daughter. he's a whiner. the other day, the boys were being monkeys in the cab. angel girl started chuckling at them. my son whines ... look at her, she's a boy-laugher-er.

every morning, monkey boy and i walk to my office to take the free shuttle to school. along the way, we usually bump into the same people and politely exchange pleasantries. 2 days ago, a neighbour said hi and my son totally ignored her. after she walked past, i asked him why he was so rude. he said, i don't talk to fat people. what do you mean?, i said completely shocked with his attitude. he said, she's too fat. i was dumbfounded. i said, one day, you will be fat too. with conviction and sternness in his voice, he said i will NEVER be fat. if i am fat, you and dada can burst my tum tum. i'm still upset with this prejudice but impressed with the determination. later, i asked him if i am fat. he said i wasn't ... phew ... but at the rate i have been tucking into the nutella ... god help me!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erm.. this is truely pieces, like a collection of random executive summaries of full length blogs... or maybe excerpts. Perhaps you could call it "Anthologies of Me"...:D. Liked the way you tied everything together at the end though.

I need new body too... know where I could get one?

11:26 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

lucky L is still talking to you. either that or he is blinded by love! hahahhaha

you are my BIGGEST fan! *muah*

(this is what you call slap then sayang)

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He talks to me coz I hold the key to something else he loves... literally.

Speaking of which, are you trying to tell me I'm LITERALLY your biggest fan? *winks*

1:47 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

yup

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home