Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

07 June 2006

smoke and mirrors

this is an excerpt from an email banter between my girlfriend and me. she said,

"....mirrors, how they can be deceiving!! i wore this blouse that looks so good on me except for that tiny gap in at my bosom (this is at the shop) the more expensive, the more flattering ....the mirror you think??

but today in my mirror I look fat and the gap looks bigger! is it me or the mirror? the woman in this mirror is not amused!"

hasn't this happened to the best of us? victim to somehow convincing ourselves that the product is good for us. my take is if the product makes you FEEL good, buy it. Not if you think it makes you LOOK good, coz this is subjective ... subjected to how the audience judges the idea of looking good. and the audience can be so cruel.

yesterday, i bought a dress that's a sz 16. horror of horrors! i've never been a 16. i could have taken the 14 or even convinced myself that the 12 looked good but i didn't. coz i've come to realise that i'm a mom and i need comfort above all. who am i trying to kid! the 14 or 12 would have been sexier but it would not have been functional. i'm not so sure if it looks good but it sure as hell feels good, mirror or no mirror.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah..you fit fit my "You have turned 30" profile rather well.. haha..

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home