Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

25 May 2009

setting phasers to stun ... and other nerdball conversations

mom's in bangkok now, celebrating her bday. it's possibly the last holiday i pay for her before the baby and new house comes. anyways, last night, i was experiencing major contractions. i swear i thought i was going to give birth!

me : so what happens if my water breaks tonight. who's going to look after the kids?
hubs : we'll leave AG in charge.
me : noooo, she's not going to be in charge.
hubs : look you can decide on anything you want, but i'm leaving her incharge.
me : don't be an ass ....
hubs : so rude!

how this man expected me to give birth in peace with the thought of my 9 year-old holding fort is beyond me.

so what do i do, i sms my child-phobic gay friend to be on standby.

me : i don't mean to scare you, but if i go into labour tonight, can you come over to look after the kids?
DG : eh ok. why do you say you are going into labour tonight?
me : she's hanging real low and i'm mondo uncomfortable. Also i've got contractions ... tho not consistent enuf ... yet.
DG : oh ok ... the kids got school tomorrow?
me : yes, but if i do go into labour, just leave them at home.
DG : but i've got an 8am meeting. need side kick help ... dee? obsidian?
me : lets not panic first ok. we cross our fingers and toes.
DG : ok will standby panic button. phasers set to stun
me : and scotty better be able to beam you here pronto! thanks babes!

now in hindsight, i wonder if hubs was right to want to leave the fort with my 9 year-old and whether i should have engaged the retro meeting-maker still stuck in a time warp. either way, thanks DG for being game : ) i dunno about you, but i slept peacefully.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Da Godma said...

Hey! I'm not child-phobic. Just have a touch of oh-shoot-I'm-totally-responsible-to-ensure-nothing-happens-to-the-kids-phobia. hmmm.... I'm inchargeofkidssolo-phobic? :D

Glad I helped with the sleep last nite... and yes I will jump in to help in whatever way anytime babe - in the little way that I can. Just keep in mind that I have no idea how to change a diaper, and your kids have to talk to through how to make milk...

Guess I will have to learn how to change a diaper soon huh?

ps - I slept great last nite. With Chekov at comms & Sulu piloting, no worries lah capt.

11:00 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

as if i din train you enuf w my 3. soon i'll have to start charging you for diaper changing lessons.

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Da Godma said...

Actually - u never did 'changing diaper 101' class. U only did the 'dispose of diaper 101' (which I passed with flying colours) and 'making milk 201' (which I only passed using the 'ask a kid' lifeline).

Either that, or I routinely skipped that particular course.. with good reason *wrinkles nose*.

11:36 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

lol woman!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

ok you guys had this conversation when? And the email was only sent out today??? BTW, I'm the childbirth-phobic one and baby-phobic. Will only look at them from a distance for fear I'll break one. However I feel a life lesson coming on with turtle on the way.

9:17 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

we had this convee on sunday night. when my mom was in bangkok. she be back now. calm has been restored.

the email is for future reference when hubs flies to bangkok on 20 june.

heyyyyy, wait a minute ... i'm beginning to see a pattern here ....

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Da Godmap said...

Hmmmm ... Really? And what pattern may that be? *raises eyebrow*.

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home