Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

07 February 2009

the dude necklace

a couple of weeks ago, monkey boy was begging me to wear one of his sister's necklaces to school. it wasn't a girlie necklace but it did have a silver "K" pendent. so i said no but he kept insisting that it was a dude necklace and that he could pull off the look. *rolls eyes*

i told obsidian about this the other day and about how my son loves to decorate himself. of the 3 kids, he is the only one who bothers to match his clothes and tries to accessorise. anyways, 2 days ago, obsidian came over and surprised MB with a dude necklace. she allowed him some creative expression with the middle piece as she finished the beading and tied the string together, he was beaming from ear to ear.

the moment he put the dude necklace on, he never took it off... except for when he went to sleep ... he slid it over his head and kept it safely under his pillow. but when he woke again, he put it right on. he's already asked me to ask obsidian to make him another one in black so that he can match his more "macho" looks *rolls eyes again*.


Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA THAT'S HILARIOUS! he's definitely taken after you and not hubs.

OI ping/text me when you're free. NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING.

-BJL

11:28 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

i miss you BJL. how dare you dangle me!!!

10:13 PM  
Blogger _z. said...

lol
I wear two dude necklaces and two dude bracelets... so hah!
let the boy be :P

12:40 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

you wear all at the same time? all the time? or is it to complete a look.

so maybe i should get off his back ...

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh... be proud that your son cares on how it looks... the ladies appreciate I'm sure... heh.

Speaking of the dude necklace... me likes it too... can I have one? Or 2...

6:35 PM  
Blogger _z. said...

all the time... when I sleep... when I shower, when I swim... never take them off...

8:52 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

oh, good to hear. he used to soap himself around the beads. i'll let him know it's ok to lather away :)

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww.... tell him that he looks good and cool man!

i love that look. it make him him...

wn

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home