Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

02 February 2008

where did january go?

...."Like sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of my Life." .... really now, where DID january go? my uncle's retort to this was,"don't worry dear, i promise next year there will be another one."

yo, people ... displaying serious withdrawal symptoms aren't we. hee. thanks for waiting patiently for a new entry guys. hope this will whet your appetite for a while : )


the angel wore bata
AG is only 7, but she is a big 7. she wears clothes for 14 year olds. not that she is fat, but she is really tall for her age and, like i said earlier, curvy. anyhoo, her feet size has grown too and she is a size 37; very quickly moving out of the children's shoes to the adult section. i've taken to buying her shoes from bata. cheap and good which means even if i had to pass it on, my wallet does not hurt so much.

7-year *itch
i've always picked my battles with hubs. usually, i eat my thots and don't openly share with him how i truly feel. if i do offer an opinion, i always make sure that it is well positioned. i don't shoot from the holster. but since late last year, i've become more vocal because we both agree that he needs to know how he/ the family is affecting me.

lately, i've been letting it flow, much to his (and my) surprise. my unproxy-ed thoughts are definately not something he is accustomed to. i do feel that we are understanding each other better. can you believe it, here we are, 7 years into marriage and still learning how to communicate.


taking matters into his own hands
hubs whispered to me the other day, while we were having a smoke, that we should do sit-ups together after the kids are asleep. seeing the non-result year after year, he wants to get actively involved in my weight management. i was a little insulted in the beginning but i've looked beyond that. i'm glad that he is offering to help me and he knows i love a challenge - believe it or not, sit-ups are my fave static exercise. under my blubber, lies abs of steel okay! YOU stop sniggering!


she spies with her divine little eye
me : i spy with my little eye, something soft, white and fluffy
AG : is it in the house or outside
me : mmmmm ... outside
my mom : THE SKY!
me : mmmmooooommmmm, the SKY is not soft, white or fluffy!
mom : oh yeah.
bu : *toe*
AG : (cutting in) arrrrggghh! ok i give up.
me : clouds babe.

not to be defeated ....

AG : i spy with my little eye, something white, bright and good
me : is it in the house or outside
AG : everywhere
me : light, lamp, laser pointer, TV, torch light, fire ....
AG : nooooooo
me : ok what
AG : jesus

ps ... i think my baby has a foot fetish.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*smiles* ... sorry at this hour, this is as intelligent as I get.

BTW - I don't think we ever stop learning to communicate. And if we don't keep practicing, we forget.

Side note - feeling uncommunicative.
PS - feeling the need for weight management too.

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This entry is that the little tag at the end of your blog doesn't read '1 comments'. Yes it bugs me.

Now it's 2 comments and the world is all good again.

1:38 AM  
Blogger _z. said...

welcome back!

I don't like January or February... I don't have "memories" of those months.

you keep getting beat up by your kids... you taught them well I guess.

1:02 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

DG, you are so funny, in your special anal way : ) you need weight management but you keep working on your "wait" management. something's got to give babe.

_z., it's all good. i love that they pick on my brain like that and i love to get them thinking. AG hates losing too, she's competitive : )

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh*

Something has given babe... it's called my waist line. Soon all my new clothes will go to waste thanks to the great expansion.

And now it's CNY - wait management will have to take precedence over weight management once again... well, at least till I run out of buah keluak...

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Febs moving along pretty quickly too... haloooo

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home