Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

10 January 2008

the attack of the blob

work at the office started on tuesday for me, after a 2 week break. i spent my first hour sneezing my head off. think i'm allergic to work.

really happy for the encentuate accessagent software that the hospital has loaded, else i would not have been able to get into my office pooter at all! i did not note all my passwords before taking leave, but no skin off my back. ain't technology great!

i thot that i would get into the groove the moment i had my cuppa, but 4 cuppas later, i was still feeling sluggish. i could hear my emailbox filling up but i just could not muster the urgency. i think i'm really coming into my power to procrastinate. the force is strong this year.

spent some time doing trivial stuff, planning my leave for the year, organising the desk, picking up new stationery. counted my total leave days - i have 33 days annual leave (26 for this year and 7 from last) + 3 days family care leave + 12 off days (for working a half saturday every month). the realisation quickly put a smile on my face. that's 2 months of leave days right there - not counting public holidays! dun jealous hor *snigger*

i suddenly found the spring in my step : ) yay work!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean 'YAY to LEAVE'! I don't have that much leave - thanks for depressing me. :p

7:09 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

anytime :P

and i meant *yay work* coz without it i wouldn't have these paid-for leave days. and i don't even need to give birth to enjoy it! habbadat!

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FINE! U WIN! :P

*suffering from severe case of green eyes*

7:29 PM  
Blogger Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

biatch!!!!

aye, since u're the queen of face lifts, what product is good? since i can't go for facials, i wanna take care of my skin..reachin' mid-30s is not funny..anymore!

9:12 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

DG - come we are squared off. i may have more leave days but it does not make up for the peanuts they throw my way for the type of work that i do.

think of it this way, your bank account is smiling harder than mine.

pam - i swear by CLARINS. i don't use anything else (also coz i have sensitive skin). they actually have a product called face-lift. supposed to help the double chin too know. check out the website. T and i both use it.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh* Can't have ur cake and eat it kinda thing. My bank account is oso smiling harder coz I don't have 3 kids to support... heh. Besides, even if I had ur kind of leave, I won't have time to take it!

*have recovered from green-eyed'nitis. Now suffering from sour grape syndrome*

10:48 PM  
Blogger _z. said...

I started work today... don't really feel like it... checking emails and all. I have been away for a couple of weeks or so... didn't go online during that period.

will be seeing you around then. :)

2:16 AM  
Blogger Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

Izit? I find Clarins products too "soft" for me...But you have immaculate skin and beautifooooooo eyes to begin with..

ok, go blog something new for my cuppa on monday morning before i head to work!

2:04 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

z._, hey welcome back!

pam, the skin looks the way it does coz of clarins lah babe. give it a try. there is something for every skin type. i've even got hubs hooked on it.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home