Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

13 December 2007

you be the judge

this is just too much of a coincidence. in the last week, i've had 3 people ask me if i am cautious with what i write on the blog because of the audience reading it.

hmmmm, lets see ... i blog honestly about how i feel but not necessarily how i am feeling at the time of the blog. most of my blogs are post-dated emotions ( ie , i don't have the time of day to share my thots when they pop up) so like in a string, i could be happy, angry then sad all at once. i do worry if people think that i may have bi-polar tendencies, coz some of my entries may indicate this : ), but thats about as far as my fear of being judged goes.

i am being honest with myself when i write - i truly am witty you know. i find the blog a very good outlet to share my feelings. it's better than a written diary which is so 1 dimentional. i appreciate that people share in my joy or wallow in my sorrow with me. i don't feel that it constrains my style because my life is on a platter for public scrutiny. on the contrary, i enjoy being careful with my words and i don't mince. if i meant it to hurt, you better believe the pain.

my only constraint is the anonymous-ness of it. i do it for 2 reasons; coz hubs is more comfortable that way and paranoia - my second most favourite past-time where the first is still over-thinking.

so no, i'm not too worried about how people judge me coz i'm ok with being judged, family or otherwise.

POSTNOTE : bi-polar is a psychological condition. it is NOT bisexual polar bears. geez people!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

OMG! i was so goin to blog about this..somebody asked me if i was afraid of offending people? hwah lan, biang oi!

but no time to blog about it for now...next week beri hectic..coming home BABYBEEEEEEEEEE

and no lappy to add from next Friday onwards...:(

5:41 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

well, we can't please everyone. someone out there is going to be offended or read my intent wrong.

once you get over the "i need to write appropriately to please the masses", writing gets easier.

but i don't write to offer a "feel good" feeling. i write to remember the emotions and hopefully capture the essence. sharing the experiences is the cherry on top.

my pet anal peeve are typos. i hate it when i typo.

9:09 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

ok ok .. i've had a few calls re this post. must have ruffled some feathers ... oops.

you have to understand that i'm a secretive/ private person by nature. which is why the blog was anonymous when i started it. but the more i wrote, the more comfortable i got with sharing my thots and personal life.

i'm also very comfortable with my regular readers, who know me and my family. so there really was no need to put in REAL names in the end. besides being incognito is fun : )

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woah... wat started this?

very the chim leh

~w

2:37 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

you obviously din read the first para of this blog right? :)

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home