Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

22 July 2007

have you ever really loved a woman

had a craving today. really wanted to eat salmon in cream sauce. usually, when i have a craving for this, i inform my supplier who may (or may not) cook up a batch - depending on the weather *wink*. but this time, the crave came too unexpected. it was also all consuming (pun intended). i decided to make my own batch.

i deliberated cooking coz no one else in my family will eat this. if anything at all, they prefer tomato based sauce. i figured that i could probably tease the kids into eating some, but not the hubs. i crossed my fingers as i asked him to join us for dinner. he grunted. i took it as agreement and rushed to the kitchen to thaw the fish.

i involved the kids in the cooking to excite them. when it came to the eating, all were grimacing at the table. only baby tucked in coz, i guess, it was milky and he could relate to it. the older ones, were not so kind.

hubs is a rice and curry man. he doesn't do italian. yet, he ate it. had a second serve too. then complimented the chef (that's moi)

he loves me ... he really really loves me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 Questions:
1. What is Salmon in cream sauce and how come I've yet to try it?
2. Who's the supplier?

And the way to the cooks heart... an appreciative audience!

11:55 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

pasta in cream sauce with salmon and yes you HAVE tried it. obviously din leave an impression : ( ... tho you said it was yums at the time.

the supplier is my friendly neighbour. her hubs calls her pasta an aphrodisiac okay! dun play-play.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It probably it. I have major issues with my short term memory. Think I need a refresher! *grins*

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home