Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

09 August 2006

the end of the begining of the end...

this is it guys. we knew this time would come that's why ivan and i decided to share a blog. we are both lazy and knew that if we had individual blogs, we would not have been able to sustain it ourselves. what we didn't count on, was both of us being lazy together and at the same time. sheesh!

to be fair, we both have recently been very consumed with life. I with my daughter's pri 1 registration and work & he with his family.

more and more, i find myself reacting to the moment. a pawn to those around me. i've always liked spontaneity, but this is ridiculous! everytime i make plans, i'm hit with a whopper and suddenly i'm off tangent and no longer in control. just 2 days ago, i finally had an excuse to go out after work. while browsing, mom calls and said that monkey boy had hit his head and blew chunks. annoyed that my "me time" was being eaten into, i said just observe him, he should be fine. 10 mins later, she calls again, said that he had thrown up 3 more times. i flew home. the boy was almost lifeless when i saw him. straight away, i took him to emergency.

i was angry with myself for being selfish about "my time". i was angry that i was annoyed that my life (as i had planned it) was being interrupted. (plus I was also grumpy coz i didn't have my dinner yet.) in my mind, i was the worst mother in the universe for not caring for my youngling!

anyways, it turns out that he did not knock his head but was experiencing a headache (which lasted for 2 days). also he did not have a concussion but was down with a bad case of stomach flu. he continued to wrench at the hospital and only stopped after a jab to the thigh. by the time i got home, it was past midnight. and that was the beginning of my night duty. three days on, he is now fine and back to being his silly self. and my adventure (called life) continues.

ps - i dunno what's up with me using parentheses in this entry but my thoughts feel very layered today. (and just to be annoying) parentheses' have nothing to do with being parents. go to www.dictionary.com people! and learn something new today!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are entitled with 'my time'... no 'my time' = 'slow road down to insanity'.

That's all I have to say... I slept the most of the day, and my brain is mush...

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U know, I never know this is due to an individual's character or everybody? I dont know what I would have done if I was in your shoes, but good thing everything worked out well!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Homeschool @ sg said...

You make motherhood sound so scary! :(

5:12 PM  
Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

I still think you're super mom!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home