Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

06 July 2006

What Matters

Nat, I know I cannot truly understand the sacrifices you and bro go thru until I go thru them myself, but I hope at least my prayers for your family gets answered everyday.

A long time back when I first started working at a young age, I saw something that I will never forget in my life. The sacrifices parents make so that their children are well taken care off. I saw parents skipping lunch (or eating rice with water), wearing torn clothing (hardly buy any new clothing), taking on any overtime that comes their way for extra income (even though they have been working overtime the whole week!!), and then go back home tired as hell but with a smile on their faces to mask whatever hardship they go thru in their lives.

I will never forget that and have a deep and profound respect for parents and for you guys. Not all of us are blessed with wealth, but I know you guys are blessed with something far more beautiful and important.

Love.

There was no greater joy than when u guys asked me to be Godfather to Kay! Suddenly I became a part of a child's live and it warmed me and helped me get rid of alot of unneccessary baggage I was carrying around at that time.. a turning point for me..

All their little actions and things they say, remind me of simple beauties we often miss seeing in our lives or take for granted..

Your children are amazing and I thank God that they have such wonderful parents! I only talk with pride about you guys and I have been blessed to have all of you in my life!! Thank you for sharing your life and struggles, it truly inspires me!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

excuse me while i get off the pedestal. sigh ... actually it's a big stuggle. hubs likes to wait or self medicate, i prefer that we do something abt it. which is more ex. so it becomes a 3 way struggle of healing the kid, saving money and peace of mind.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha.. pedestal..

I can try to understand that..still 'try'

Do you think all these define your existence and purpose here better?

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nope, it only magnifies what a selfish person i am even more. sacrifice is not my thing. but with parenthood, it's almost expected. so it doesn't define my exsistance, infact i feel myself dissolving into the atmosphere as i am spread thin and stretched between work, mother, being a mother and wife.

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is sacrifice anybody's thing? One major reason why I don't have kids of my own. I have no clue how you manage.

Ease up on yourself babe. We always judge ourselves harder... you said you r already stretched thin, I don't think you need to add self-doubt and guilt to that mix.

Anyways, I think u're doing pretty good... if that counts for anything... :D

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home