Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

04 July 2006

IVan returns

Well it’s been a while since my last time I wrote here. Many things have happened. Been involved with a lot of activities outside of work and finally these days, I am getting some rest. Well what can I talk about.. lets start with the World Cup..

World Cup

I seriously think the players are overpaid and have lost the driving passion for the game. If you saw the match between Ghana and Brazil, you could tell who was playing with their hearts. Its been generally a boring World Cup for me unlike the ones I remember of past years and so I am not going to talk about the games here.

I just want to mention SCV’s bloody coverage (or getting it from the source wherever or whatever they call it..)Where the bloody hell are the pundits.. Come on. Half time must have some fellows talking about the game. Its tradition! Just cannot take that away?? Damn I am so bloody offended!! Further, they claim that they got more channels that show top view, tunnel view, player view and normal view , LC view. Now come on, how much time do you want to spend watching a player..(unless you are mindless teen hoping to watch football becoz some guy is cute or a football coach studying a player) Most of the time you want to watch the actual match. If it’s a repeat, then maybe you might want to switch between the other channels.. but when ‘live’.. u don’t want to miss anything.. and there is only 1 channel needed for that. The traditional “tele-cam”. (The one you are familiar with) Some more the SCV say, got interview with coaches and players what? Normal channels never show all these.... Nabae.. those buggers talking Spanish, French, German etc.. think we understand is it? Some more no sub title also.. just look at their mouth and guess?? LC!!! I feel cheated paying extra money for the PPV channels.. and the worst insult to that injury is watching bloody teams at 3 am playing impassionedly like it’s a friendly!! Give up I tell you! Well..that’s the world cup for me. I hope yours is better if you are watching it..

Mr Brown distorting the truth?

Have you caught the Mr Brown issue which is buzzing over the net? (or local blog circles) Well you can go to his site to read about his article, which he wrote in the Today paper and the reaction from the gahmen coz of it.

"Letter from MICA: Distorting the truth, mr brown?"

Needless to say.. I don’t think I’ve seen over 300 comments for an article (unless you are that MIA Rockson) on his page. So there is overwhelming response in support him and his article. What’s your take? Think the accusations made are justifiable?

And his following podcast is a moving pledge taken by him, a pledge that says whats on every Singaporean mind (or least I think it is, well mine at least). Must check it out ok!

well I will be writing more.. soon..

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gone up to 400+ now. Though many of the commentors are 'repeats'. Still interesting read.

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, quite a number of repeats.

Miyagi's version not as 'touching' as Brown's I feel. His not that personal..hmmm..maybe its just me..

btw..where did the "So Say We All" come from.. very familiar leh..

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you just made "impassionedly" a new word. i think you cannot im-passion passion. you either are passionate or not. ... just being anal : )

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

update - Today has suspended Mr Brown's column.

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home