Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

21 September 2008

my precious

we took the kids to busy orchard road today to see the F1 cars on display. first stop was Tangs to see the renault car - it was displayed in front of the Marriot Hotel. i was holding bu's hand and let it go for a split second as i turned to get the attention of the older boy. when i turned back, baby was gone. i signaled to hubs and he took a few steps back to scan the area. then i saw the panic in his face and i knew he couldn't see the little one.

my heart started to race. i grabbed my other two kids and started to look for baby. but they were holding me back. i told them to stay put near some chairs while hubs and i looked for the kid. hubs was racing back and forth. so was i. the crowd made it so challenging. my adrenalin was pumping off the charts. the only thought in my head was,"jesus, please protect my baby." i must have said this over and over.

finally, i heard his tiny quivering voice "mummy" ... i turned in a flash and there was a lady carrying him as he pointed at me. she came up to me and bu jumped out of her arms into mine. she shared that he had wandered off to the other side of the building, close to lucky plaza. the lady said she saw him walking by himself and crying. so she picked him up to look for his parents. i hugged this lady tight for bringing bu back to me coz i was about to go out of my mind. my eyes got all watery and as she saw the emotional reunion she started to cry too. i kept thanking and thanking her. i was just so overwhelmed.

his face was wet with tears. his body was limp and tired. he clung to my neck and said "i love you mummy." and i nuzzled into his soft curly hair and said "i love you too baby." and we just held the moment for a while. then i quickly brought him back to base so that hubs could find relief too.

all this happened in a span of about 15 minutes. but i swear it felt like hours. so many thoughts were filling my head. permutations of "what if's" mostly. i kept thinking to myself that i let go for ONLY a second. it all happened so fast. and i felt incredibly guilty for it.

i dunno what i'll do if i ever lost my bu. my precious baby bu.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strangely, the enormity of this didn't really hit me till just now, when i read your blog. I guess you sharing the story seemed like, kinda unreal, what with Baby Bu right in front of me and all.

Right now, I feel a strange sense of panic and fear as the 'what if' scenario plays out.

Thank God you found Bu. Thank God for the kindness of the lady who cared enough to do something other than standby.

My love to you and all the little ones... esp to Bu.

12:26 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

sigh ... yes thank god indeed.

12:28 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

post thot .... i did a fishbone analysis (noooo i didn't!!) ... i'm getting them all leashes!

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my... i can so see the scene play out in my mind.. geez i can feel my eyes tearing, but i am prob pmsing.

and i say that again, THANK GOD for the lady... and boy your little boy sure can wander!

~win

6:35 PM  
Blogger Homeschool @ sg said...

you know i would only sympathise with you but never feel with you on this one if i werent a mother. This experience is so heart wrenching! You make my eyes watery too! I recently, for some sadistic reason, was imagining the feeling if my boy gone missing. Just imagining it drove me insane so i know what hell you must have gone through! Never again ah, never again!!!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

ok you just made me cry. I'm getting the kids GPS watches for Christmas. We can hook up the monitor and signal reception in Home Master control station. You are still the awesomest mom I know next to mine... and I love love love U still. Don't lose my godson again!!! still love still love.

2:23 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

i was thinking i'd just pad-lock the kids to my body. but the GPS watches sound like a good idea too. promise-promise never to lose the baby again.

i went back to read my blog, since so many and "watered". hell! i just made myself cry!

guess i really captured the essence huh.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home