Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

24 July 2007

till death do us part

when i was in poly, i bought a blue pair of button-fly banana republic jeans at a steal. it was my most favourite-est thing in the world. most importantly, it made me feel cool.

i practically lived in my jeans. i'd go to school, come back, hang it at the back of the door then slip it on again when i woke. if i went out to party or to "ton" the night with my friends, it just never came off - only changed the tee the next day.

it was almost sacriligious to wash my nuah and busok jeans. mom never understood. it drove her nuts.

the jeans continued with me for another 3 years of my working life. by then, the material was like second skin, it had mophed to my body shape and hung snugly on my hips. it had also faded nicely.

i took it with me to australia but against my better judgement, i packed it in my luggage instead of wearing it. my luggage was stolen the day i reached perth (but that's another story).

it's a love lost. a part of me died that day. i've never been able to find the same fit again. dammit.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

I remember those jeans! And you had a DJ with the floral cloth on it too! I'm sorry for the loss of your jeans tho', I had no idea. I lose in belt-loop of my fav jeans and I'm in a mood. Can imagine how you felt.

4:12 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

DO YOU FEEL MY PAIN WOMAN!

and yes, i remember my DJ. loved it .. LOOOOOVVVEEEEDDD it.

i remember your busok DJ too. the one which you embroidered flowers on. then your second with the corderoy collar.

i tell you, back then, we were one with our denim. ONE!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

Ya, still have that DJ. Collar all torn with buttons missing, but can't bring myself to get rid of it.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erm... question. What's DJ?

I think we all had busok jeans no? I lived in mine too... wore them till they could stand unassisted before I tossed that into the wash. And in oz where one doesn't perspire much, that could be a while! heh.

I still like my denim!

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home