Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

22 April 2007

ET and me

watched ET on TV today and it was a thrill. the kids got sucked into it as i did when i was a kid. i tell you, elliot really rocked my boat back then. he tooted my horn for the longest time (then it was chachi/ charles - i swear charles could be in charge of my days and my nights anytime!!).

anyways, when elliot leaned in to gently kiss that classmate, it was as tho i was there. baby love. and precious little drew barrymore. how cute was she! and c thomas howell before he had chest hair. man the movie sure brought back fond memories. and i lapped it up.

the year ET was made, the licence plates in singapore started with ET. which was a thrill for the kids in the neighbourhood as we used to count the ET cars.

i remember owning a red (elliot) hoodie coz elliot had one. my aunt worked in a toy store and had a really good deal on a bmx bike (of course mine came with trainer wheels) and tassels at the handles.

thanks dee for the sms alert : ) ET phone home y'all

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I barely remember ET - think I should watch it again. Or maybe it should be left in the dusty recesses of my memory...

sidenote - woo hoo... got my spot back! YES!

11:55 PM  
Blogger baubles bangles and beads said...

godma oi,
nevermind about your number one spot. WHERE's THAT CHOCOLATE CAKE YOU OWE US?

auntie oi,
Ahh....those were the days when we watched ET on VCR every meal time! my sis, bro and me each had our ET hoodie complete with BMX (eh, i can wheelie noe!) in different colours too!

I wanna go back to my childhood...sniff sniff....miss them much!

12:22 AM  
Blogger Denise Oliveiro said...

O yeah elliot was a hottie alrite! But them ET dolls that came out after the movie scared the hell outta me!

1:07 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

i remember then dolls with the red lit pointy finger. they sure as hell were freaky.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And to think that ugly freaky dolls with red pointy fingers were prob one of the first examples of successful merchandising...

Makes you wonder no.

Baubles - cakes coming... coming... hold on for it!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home