Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

27 December 2006

luck for the downtrodden

my grand uncle passed away on 24 dec. xmas was just not the same. family was pulled together, but for different reasons. we all brought our xmas cooking to the wake. but the mood was solemn.

he's my granny's brother - we are 2 generations removed. but coz we are a tight family, the death (although expected) still hit hard. he died of cancer - the 5th member of my family to die of cancer.

we had the final mass on 26 dec. watching my grandmother cry was gut wrenching. i see and am around death a lot at work, but watching family grief is a different ball game. she was with her brother as he died, praying together with him, asking him to surrender his soul to jesus.

both takes balls. watching a loved one die and surrendering yourself to fate. both were brave. i know my uncle is happier now, in a better place. i know my grandma is happier too, that she managed to get some jesus into her wayward brother.

my uncle led a hard and lonely life. but he was a good man. my mom in law says it's good luck to die at xmas. about time he got lucky. i can almost hear his wickedly cheeky laughter as the rain pelts against my window. i know he is happy. i know i'm happy for him.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs*

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope u feeling better..

bl

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home