Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

31 December 2006

theory of relativity

after a week of being on leave, i went to work yesterday for half a day - it was my shift anyways. i figured i could clear my gazillion emails before i start work for real on the 8th. i had brekkie with my colleagues who kept me up to speed with what's been happening while i was away. then logged on to check emails. i tried and tried .... to remember my passwords. damn you T for teasing me abt those ginko pills! ITD said that they couldn't reset my passwords till next wed. my simple plan was thwarted.

instead, i spent the hours reading the news (i had no idea that saddam was going to be executed nor the extent of the internet downtime; amongst other news.) very gripping stuff. i had spent the last 7 days totally absorbed in my family where life went on while my little world spun it's own in a galaxy not far away. rather, i have been sucked into a black hole where space and time stood still but didn't. doesn't relativity rock.

but i digress .... so my disability became my advantage. i managed to catch up with the world before i crawl back under a rock again for the next week and brace myself for angel girl's adventures at primary school.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh... I did a realit check today too.. finally got up the courage to look at my inbox remotely from home. The world marched on without me, and while I rush out work, more work is getting shoveled down.

I'm so not looking forward to the 8th.

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!

I sooo connect with this entry of yours you know!

On my last day of work for the year three weeks back, I wrote down all my passwords and login IDs and locked it in my drawer. (You wouldn't believe how many we have at work - one for each application ok!) And like you, I din know Mr Hussein was going to the gallows or anything about the Bangkok bombings till everyone was discussing it over dinner on New Year's Eve!!

PS. Most girlfriends swear by gingko so you might wanna check it out :)

PSS. Besides family life, you forgot to add shopping, shopping and more SHOPPING as one of the activity during your Christmas break :))))))

11:50 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

i HAD to shop... i set myself a KPI to be more fashionable than my boss now that i'm uniformless! which is not hard to do lah : )

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home