Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

26 June 2006

don't stop till you get enuf

that was my recent mantra as my girlfriend EVIL-lynn and i went shopping at a recent sale. this spree lasted over 3 days. both of us had budgets; both budgets were busted wide open. why? coz of our vanity and insecurity of our enhanced bodies ... well i speak for myself. each time i found a piece that flatters my full figure, i buy the same in all the colours without batting an eye on the price.

then just to burst my bubble, another girlfriend shared an article which she read in cosmo. it said, everytime you have an intent to spend on something you need, put the same amount into a box (as savings). she said it's been working for her, saving her nuts for the winter. i say screw the things that you need ... it's the WANTS that will drive you nuts, regardless of the season! doesn't matter if i have to live on love and fresh air for the next month, as long as i look 2 inches smaller, it's money well spent. isn't that what retail therapy is all about? :P

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree! It's the wants that drives you nuts!

Sigh.. I don't like shopping for clothes coz it's too depressing. And shopping for gadgets causes the same (if not more) damage to your wallet... and it doesn't do anything to hide my ever expanding waistline...

Having said all that... retail therapy just feeels sooo goood....

1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hear you my sista!

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home