Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

14 July 2010

OPI, oh my!

i went for a pedi 2 weeks ago and decided on a colour that was really off my usual range. i took on the OPI Summer Flutter Collection in "catch me in your net". this is a like a teal/ green with heaps of sparkle that look somewhat gold. it's the first nail swatch in the link earlier. i have an eyeshadow just like that which i love. so i thot the colour would sit well on my toes too.

after the first 3 days, i couldn't stand the colour. yes, i went green and didn't like it. i looked like i stepped in a pool of decomposed seaweed. like my toes were getting moldy. it just looked vile - to me at least.

today i decided i just couldn't take it anymore and had to have it re-done. now it's in a very safe nude-ish lavender shade. which is again, out of my norm, coz i usually go with nude-ish white or pink colours like the OPI bubblebath (i love this colour BTW). but i thought what the hey, if i can let my hair down and do green nails, i can do nude-ish lavender. i know ... i'm wild.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

OMGOMGOMG i absolutely love that colour!! I have a sparkly green colour on my toenails now which looks awesome in sunlight =DD Now I'm gonna go look for it.You tempted meeeeeee

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Da Godma said...

Oooo keeeee.... Da DG donch gets it..

9:51 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

nikki, this looked gorge in the sun. but after 3 days, i felt macam my toes belonged to a wicked witch.

dee was wearing the same colour this weekend. but i think her skin tone carried the colour better.

it's pretty lah, but too OTT for me.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

hahaha I haven't seen Dee anytime recently! But i shall go look for this colour anyways =D THANKS FOR THE POST!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home