Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

10 May 2006

Larger than Life

Sometimes I sit wondering.. until I either get an aneurysm or come to a conclusion on something.

One conclusion that came to me one fine day was, you can advise someone till your mouth bleeds, but unless you are larger than life, some people will not listen to their fellow humble, living their normal lives human beings.

let me explain..

ask yourself..

If a friend gave you an advise, and if Anthony Robbins gave you the same advise, who's advise you would take right away and act on it? My guess exactly. Your friend could be right, but we look for people who are larger than us (not size) more accomplished than us, even from another country..everything to set this person apart from us. Coz if he or she was near, they wouldnt be any more special than you, coz they are facing the same things as you right.. no they wont be the best authority on advise giving.. no siree.. You want to advise me, make sure you have degrees and masters up your arse, couple of jets, a few houses around the world, and make sure you are giving advise to world leader while you are at it.. then come to me.

I do notice this mentality (well not to this extend la) in ppl close to me at times, and it can get annoying, coz you tell them to try something this way, and they dont buy your words, and then next moment, they see it on Opera and tell themselves "I should try it this way then!" !!!????OO???!!!

Sometimes we fail to see whats around and look up to the clouds for signs.. well the signs are around you.. if you listen, you will hear them..and sometimes, those voices are as average as you and me..listen

well that was one conclusion that came to me before an aneurysm did..thank God..

i get to live and fight another day of bloggin..

yum seng!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my hubs asked me the same question today. "whose parental advise would make me listen to change the way i've been managing my kids."

i said there are no model parents nor answers. even mary and joseph (the MODELest parents)lost jesus in the temple!

just remember, it's not the advice you give but how you "sell" it : ). And trust me, Opera does a good job at selling it!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home