Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

07 May 2006

gob-blog

if you are singaporean you'd be familiar with the term gob-blok (dunno how it's really spelt). yesterday, i had the toolan-est gob-blok moment of my life.

i'm usually an avid local investor (read TOTO player). isn't hitting the lottery the great singaporean dream? anyways, i have a special string of lucky numbers which i repeatedly buy ... to no avail. i also have a quirk where if the prize $$ is not double (ie no 1st prize winner so roll over sum) i don't want to buy coz don't want to "waste my luck".

which brings me to my toolan-est gob-blok moment. I did not buy last thursday where 5 of my lucky numbers kena. damn bang you know! we could have done with the extra moolah which was like 5 x the progess package i received and the money would have REALLY been free money!

ps - my fellow investor friend said that there is an unspoken rule where if you have special numbers, and don't buy, you should not check the results. NOW SHE TELLS ME! ... gob-blok!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always wonder - Why is it that the numbers almost ALWAYS open on days when you dun 'invest'?
I know of someone who strikes every other week - can you believe it? Be it toto or 4-D...
Base it on one's fate and of coz a bit of luck too...
I think I’m a jinx....small card games like bang-lat (BlackJack) which i bet for a dollar per round can make me sgd100 poorer and we are only talking about less than 20rounds! sigh....things we do in life to earn that xtra buck!

2:32 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

you and 3/4 of the state lah. the rich get richer and we continue to live hand to mouth. but i came soooo freaking close!! i could smell what the rock was cooking ... then someone closed the lid!

i feel for you brudder or sista! ... you signed as anonymous what!

5:53 PM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

actually ah, why not ask your "friend" to share the number with you (so that you can share with me) then we can all be happy : )

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but but told you i'm a jinx rite?
if numbers were to be revealed to me, the poor person's luck sure to change wan!!! I forgot to also add that when i co-shared with a friend to be bankers, we both lost sgd50 each for just 5 rounds of play!! and she was on a winning streak before that, mind you!

9:07 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

ok, new plan. she tells ME the number and i buy : )

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"SHE" is none other than the better half's auntie lah!! How else do you think that we'd have the whole family going to different restaurants for dinner every Sunday nite? give you her number lah...you go ask her yourself...she'd be happy to share :) dun forget me then!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home