Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

11 November 2006

a balanced diet is chocolate in both hands



watsup with the 4 o'clock sugar binge! i try so hard to distract myself but i always reach for chocolate and a cuppa every time. no need for an alarm, no need to shift my eyes to the clock .... my body knows the time and it wants it's jollies.

i remember once i brought celery sticks to work, what a disaster that turned out to be. by 4:03pm, i had hulked into psycho bitch mode! don't make me angry ... you won't like me when i'm angry. grrrr.

god knows i try! my mind says "no" but my soul says "hell yeah .... bring it!" and so i do ... i always give in.

i've even tried fixing my meetings at 4 so that i am distracted. i am proud of my genius for i've beaten the craving. then i go to the meeting and bam! there is coffee and cake sitting on the table. after a 10 minute mental debate i tuck in and only then do i finally pay attention to the meeting. as i try to pull myself together, the realisation of the debacle settles in. all hail the mighty chocolate!

PS-depending on the time of the month, sometimes it's a bar of chocolate and always with nuts.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

4 - 5 pm is munchies time for me too... except I like my glucose boost laced with salt ... and the derth of food selection within walking distance does my middle no good!

Yesterday, in a desparately effort to be 'healthier' I got a dried fruits + nuts packets to stave off the 4pm hunger pangs. Today, like a mindless zombie, I bought a sardine sandwich for 'tea'...

The battle continues (with me losing)...

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home