Shoes That Fit

if the shoe fits ... come back for more!

22 August 2010

mocking the bird

this saturday i took the 3 big kids with me while i ran some errands. my last run was at raffles place so we took the time to look at the many sculptures there. we stopped in front of this one for a while as we made out the abstract meaning. our answers really mirror-ed our personalities.


the creative AG - it looks like an open mouth (like with a flip-top head) with the tongue sticking out in a 'C' ... kinda making a monkey face

the stoic MB - i see nothing. yeah ... nothing ... just a bunch of metal. nothing.

the vehicular Bu - i see a ship ... a boat with the wind blowing in the sail.

me : i see 3 dead birds killed by an arrow

all : Mmooommmmmmm!!!!

me : hee ... but it's true. oh all right ... i see a dog getting a tummy scratch/ rub. how's that for a happy ending?

AG : better :)

and off to mac-ers we went for lunch.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Da Godma said...

I see a mechanical claw, about to grasp something.
Yes I'm literal!

11:51 AM  
Blogger shoesthatfit said...

that you are.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i see the same thing as u nat!!! u know i pass these stuff all the time, but it never got me thinking... this is fun. this abstract thinking with your kids.

win

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home